- Client is a water utility company in El Monte
- Position is Temp-to-Hire
- Shift is Monday-Thursday from 7:30am-5:00pm, Friday from 7:30am-4:00pm; every other Friday off
- Salary is $35-$44.65/hour (DOE)
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with maintaining all accounting records and subsidiary ledgers in compliance with the CPUC’s Uniform System of Accounts for Water Utilities.
- Assist in month-end closing and the preparation of financial reports, including Annual Financial Report of Class A Water Companies, as required by the CPUC.
- Assist with analyzing costs, preparing invoices, monitoring collections and maintaining memorandum accounts related to third‑party agreements.
- Assist with gathering data and responding to CPUC data requests.
- Assist with preparation of year-end schedules for independent certified public accountants’ audit.
- Prepare and post journal entries to the general ledger.
- Prepare general ledger account analyses and reconciliations.
- Prepare analytical studies as requested.
- Maintain accounting records and subsidiary ledgers of deposits and costs related to Construction Work in Progress, Advances for Construction and Contributions in Aid of Construction.
- Maintain accounting records for temporary construction water jobs.
- Train and assist other Accountants to assure completion of all tasks and appropriate distribution of workload.
- Review and/or direct the work of other Accountants, in the absence of or as directed by the Controller.
- Other tasks and duties as directed.
Ideal candidates should possess the following skills/qualifications demonstrated through previous work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Additional course work or experience in regulatory accounting and rate-making principles desirable.
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in preparing and maintaining complex accounting records.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) desirable.
- Valid California driver license and acceptable driving record.