- Client is a bank in Rosemead
- Position is Temp-to-Hire
- Shift is Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Salary is $16 – $19/hour (DOE)
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Receives and processes checking and savings deposits and requests for withdrawal of funds.
- Processing check-cashing transaction
- Receives loan payments and answers routine customer inquiries.
- Answers customer inquiries regarding bank policies and procedures.
- Directs complex questions to Assistant Branch Manager or Manager.
- Issue Travelers Checks and money orders. May service safe deposit boxes.
- Balances cash, Automated Teller Machine (ATM), night-drop deposit and daily work in a reasonable time.
- Maintains files of various records and cards related to checking, savings accounts, and treasury management products.
- Processes incoming and outgoing wire transfers.
- Receives passbook loan payments.
- Ensures that new accounts are opened and serviced in accordance with Universal Bank policies and procedures.
- Setting up Individual Retirement Account (IRA) and processing contribution or distribution request
- Keeps up to date on procedure changes and government regulations
- Other related duties as assigned
Ideal candidates should possess the following skills/qualifications demonstrated through previous work experience:
- 1 year of customer service and cash handling experience
- Previous teller experience is preferred but not required
- Bilingual in Mandarin preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to balance, count money, and make basic arithmetic computations