- Client is a construction company in Azusa
- Position is Temp-to-Hire
- Shift is Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Salary is $25/hour
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Submit certified payroll information using DIR website, LAUSD website, LCP Tracker
- Collect and review Certified Payroll Reports and supporting payroll records.
- Collect statements of compliance, fringe benefit statements, deductions, and apprentice registration.
- Prepare A131 and WHD WH-347 forms
- Work with appropriate agencies on identifying applicability of state/federal prevailing wage requirements as well as providing state and federal prevailing wage rates for labor compliance support.
- Facilitate the proper reporting of prevailing wages, fringe benefits, apprentice utilization, and resolution of employee wage violations.
- Completes audits, calculates underpayments, fines, and penalties if applicable.
- Track changes and updates to state and federal labor compliance and prevailing wage regulations and standards; apply changes/updates to the agency/client labor compliance procedures and practices.
- Prepare for and provide information to comply with requests from auditors and respond to requests for certified payroll/labor compliance related documents.
- Review Prime Contractors Certified payroll records for our current projects
- Provide Certified Payroll reports to the Prime Contractors
- Issue requests for missing and revised documentation and corresponds with the applicable Prime Contractor’s staff to ensure compliance.
- Prepare and help to present labor compliance requirements at pre-bid and pre-construction meetings for contracts submit to payment of prevailing wages.
- Fill out EIS form for labor compliance
- Facilitate and collect union dues from employee
- Complete other various administrative office tasks as assigned
Ideal candidates should possess the following skills/qualifications demonstrated through previous work experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a certified payroll specialist
- Direct experience in the construction field
- Must possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Detail-oriented with strong and effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable manner
- Extensive understanding of Labor Compliance policies, procedures, and practices.
- In depth understanding of the California Labor Code pertaining to Public Works Projects
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels within the organization
- Must be able to complete tasks with little or no supervision
- Experience working with DIR, LAUSD and LCP Tracker software