- Client is a utility company in El Monte
- Position is Temp-to-Hire
- Shift is Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Salary is $19 – $20/hour
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Receive cash over the counter in payment of bills.
- Balance cash and checks received at the close of each business day.
- Prepare and process new service orders.
- Prepare customer service applications and orders for customers.
- Prepare delinquent orders.
- Process night depository payments.
- Prepare customer complaint forms.
- Process returned mail and returned checks.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Processes bills and assist, when needed in follow-up collection efforts.
- Review customer billing history including skips and re-reads.
- File paperwork.
- Provide switchboard relief.
- Must be prepared to travel to other offices to replace employees, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates should possess the following skills/qualifications demonstrated through previous work experience:
- High School Diploma required.
- 1-2+ year’s customer service/cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with supervisors and co-workers in a cooperative and professional manner.
- Bilingual skills in English, Spanish desirable.
- Ability to perform repetitive physical activities, including using keyboard, sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, reach, grasp, push, pull, and lift up to 15 lbs.
- Valid California driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Ability to operate AS-400 computer terminals and printers.