Packaging Assistant for a client in the Pomona area.
- Position is Temp-to- Hire
- Shift is Monday- Friday from 8:00am- 4:30pm
- Salary is $13/hour
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Entry level position; individual will be trained in the company’s manufacturing environment to perform packaging operations, including completion of applicable production forms
- Required to aid in aspects of filling operations, assembly of products, and productions of accessory items
- Appropriately tag and stock completed products, in addition to supporting filling operations as necessary in capping applications
- Assistant in calculating inventory quantities and retrieving inventory components for assembly; Ladder climbing is required to retrieve stock
- Maintain minimum production rates and complete applicable production forms utilizing mathematical skills to determine quantities produced and/or wasted and time frames for completing the task
- Operate packaging equipment, such as the shrink wrap/sealing machine, laminating machine, syringe assembly apparatus, tip bending machine, and packaging conveyor
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal candidates should possess the following skills/qualifications demonstrated through previous work experience:
- S. High School Diploma required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. in the form of plastic trays, cardboard boxes, chemical containers, etc.
- Good dexterity and flexibility of motion is required to attain minimum production rates
- Good vision (corrected vision acceptable) necessary for setups and inspections
- Must not have any severe allergies and/or a medical history of chemical sensitivities
- Strong mathematical ability is required for calculating inventory quantities, assembling production items, and assisting in packing of cartons
- Extremely accurate counting and packing is required
- General mechanical aptitude is required in order to operate basic packaging equipment, such as a laminating machine, sealing machine, conveyor, etc.
- Must be able to pass company assessment
Glendora Employment Agency, Inc. is a boutique staffing firm located in the foothills of the San Gabriel Valley. Glendora Employment Agency, Inc. specializes in bringing local job seekers together with local employers.