- Client is a packaging company in City of Industry
- Position is Temp-to-Hire
- Shift is Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Salary is $36 – $43/hour (DOE)
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform all related Accounts Payable function such invoice payment and vendor record maintenance
- Review general ledger and ensure proper classification
- Post journal entries
- Prepare workpapers and reconciliations support
- Maintain and prepare Financial Statements
- Analyze financial statements data for accuracy
- Review Consolidated Financial statements for company entities
- Assist in government agency filings such as 1099, property tax, statement of information etc.
- Assist in Payroll activities
- Assist auditors and tax preparers as required for the preparation of financials statements and tax returns
- Strong knowledge of Fixed assets; Maintain intangible and fixed asset sub-ledger, including monthly amortization.
- General Ledger Balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare complex journal entries for US entities
- Understand Accounting rules and requirement and interpret accounting impacts correctly. Collaborate with Financial Reporting team and General Accepted Accounting Principle (GAAP) Directors where needed
- Research and resolve any outstanding accounting issues in a timely manner, including open reconciling items
- Prepare financial statement analyses and variance explanations for US entities, ensuring that financial statements are properly and accurately recorded.
- Other related duties and projects as assigned
Ideal candidates should possess the following skills/qualifications demonstrated through previous work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience that includes AP, AR, & GL accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience in GAAP Financial Reporting.
- Experience with Sage/QuickBooks is preferred.
- Experience in ADP is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required.
- Knowledge of international currency exchange transactions a plus.
- Cost Accounting knowledge and experience