- Client is an auto parts manufacturer in Covina
- Position is Temp-to-Hire
- Shift is Monday – Friday from 7:30am – 4:00pm
- Salary is $20/hour
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Inbound Receiving:
- Look over shipping documents for appropriate goods, usual vendors, and accurate carton or item counts before signing manifest releasing the delivery person.
- Use packing list to inventory and distribute goods into proper storage areas, using a hand truck, pallet mover, or forklift as needed.
- Outbound Shipping:
- Physically lift, carry, and move parts from storage areas to the packing areas.
- Pack goods into appropriately sized boxes recording box contents and weight. Mark and label each box for shipping, then carry boxes from the packing table to the adjacent shipping dock. Larger shipments require loading cartons onto pallets, marking the cartons and securing the contents.
- Record data like weight, number of cartons, pallets, etc. on the pick slip, and later affix shipping labels (supplied by the front office) to the cartons or pallets. Place for shipment via UPS, USPS, truck lines, etc.
- Stock and maintain inventory of packaging materials and supplies
- Follow all safety rules and maintain a clean/safe working area
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal candidates should possess the following skills/qualifications demonstrated through previous work experience:
- High School Diploma required
- Some college or trade school experience preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- At least 2 years of shipping and receiving experience
- Must have strong math and communication skills
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to follow directions, manage multiple tasks, and work well with others